Sunday, May 11, 2008

For My Mother

Mothers and Daughters
Author Unknown

We're daughters and mothers

Not so long ago.

We give and take

And take and give

Along time's endless row.

Love is passed

And love received

To be passed on again:

A precious heirloom

Twice, twice blessed,

A spiritual cardigan.

I'll put it on
And treasure it,

The me I have received,

And when the roles

Reverse again,
I'll have what I most need.
So may our love

Go on and on,

A hundred thousand years;

Mothers and daughters,

Daughters and mothers,

Through joys and other tears.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!

I'll always be your baby--I LOVE YOU!





4 comments:

Rebecca said...

those were cute pictures of you and your mom. And you when you were a baby you are so cute

The Begay Family said...

How sweet! That was so precious! And I loved the pictures all the pics.

Heidi said...

Sweet post Linds!

marquita chiquita said...

I love this poem! A great post for mother's day!