Tuesday, September 2, 2008

9 months going on 18...


...months that is. You'll see what I mean later.

It's hard for me to believe, but as of the 1st Shelby has been outside of me as long as she was inside. My little baby girl isn't so little anymore. Toting her around this summer has been a good workout for me. At her 6 month checkup in June she weighed 17lbs and was 24'' tall. A few weeks ago at her "9 month" checkup she weighed in at 21.4lbs (92 percentile) and was 27'' tall(50 percentile). I'm a bit curious what her stats are now considering her checkup was 3 weeks early due to our move.


Well so now that we have the majority of our things unpacked and somewhat presentable, (I say somewhat because I'm still not happy enough with it to take pics yet-sorry Heidi :)) I had time today to focus on Shelby's wardrobe. Needless to say, she has quickly outgrown her 6-9 mo. clothes, and I spent a good chunk of time going through two tubs of 12 - 24 month clothing my sister generously donated. And I thought women's sizes were annoying. Well, baby clothes are way worse!

It's understandable why sizes vary so much but it makes it REALLY hard to organize a child's closet. So according to OLD NAVY's sizing Shelby is 12-18 months old...well at least her bottom half is. My daughter seems to have a lot of junk in her trunk and voluptuous, ever so squeezable thunder thighs. So how does it work when your bottom half grows faster than your top??? Then again at least it's the bottom half and not the top. I'd hate to be buying her a bra at 8 years old.

But seriously, how in the world do other moms out there know what size to buy for their constantly growing and ever changing kids? I've had a hard enough time figuring out what size I am, post-baby, and now I'm supposed to be figuring it out for Shelby? Thank goodness for sisters who have kindly donated practically all the clothing and shoes Shelby has now. (Don't even get me started on sizing for shoes either!) I have no idea what I'm going to do when Shelby has outgrown everything and the bins are finally empty.

Anyone feeling charitable? Alms, alms for the poor? :)

And now for more pics of Shelby sporting one of her "new" outfits

Shelby likes to stand with support and pick things up now. She's starting to show interest in "cruising" too.

This last one is of Shelby concentrating really hard while she "bakes some brownies" :)

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I love these pictures of Shelby. You can see she is a happy baby. I bet she loves that low window. No wonder she wants to cruise along it.

Amanda said...

May i recommend outlets if ever possible and buy a few sizes up. It's amazing what you can get for cheap. And although you're in the dead of cold land up there, okay so it's probably not that bad, garage sales will often have lots of cheap stuff, and best of all is Freecycle. That's how I dress Silvester a lot of the time - other people want to give away their baby clothes too! Kids just grow to fast.

marquita chiquita said...

You are so funny and Shelby is sooo cute! Maya has the opposite problem. Her skinny waist is a different size than her long legs. The good thing about spring and summer is that her supposed pants had to be capris and short shorts aren't that bad. I think you'll find brands of clothes that fit your kids' sizes better than other brands.

Cory and Melissa said...

Oh I miss that little cutie SO much! She is just growing and I'm not there to see it :( Just give her the biggest squeeziest hug and tell her that Aunt Missy loves her tons!

Greedy Kristian said...

Welcome back to the land of blogging. It's good to have you back. Shelby looks so cute in her "new" clothes. Happy 9 months Shelby!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Shelby is just getting cuter and cuter!! Congratulations on the big move and getting through all the craziness. I hope you continue to love it there.

Mel and Nate said...

Hey Lindsay! We miss you guys soooo much and Shelby gets cuter everytime I see her! I hear you about clothes growing out fast-I am finally almost out of all the clothes I was given before I had Eli and buying new ones is a pain! You will have to find a good second hand store for little kids-I go to kid to kid or DI a lot. It sounds so fun to be somewhere new! I will also miss Walmart if I move to a big city though!
The ward really isn't the same without you! I miss you tons and love that you have a blog so we can keep in touch!

Rebecca said...

She is cute. I miss you guys and am so happy you are enjoying Canada.

Jenn said...

Hey Lindsey! I found your blog off of Matt & Amanda's--so good to see your family and Wow! You have such a cute little girl!