Sunday, October 5, 2008

Da Beach

I've been told by the locals that around October you can pretty much expect to not see the sun for weeks on end, and that it rains almost everyday until February. Fortunately, the weather has been fabulous since we moved here, and we haven't seen too many rainy days. So last week, in anticipation of sunless weather to come, I decided to be spontaneous and drive to the beach to soak up the sun with Shelby while we still had the chance.





Shelby seemed to enjoy herself for the most part. She had fun watching the seagulls fly around and the dogs run with their owners. She was having a grand 'ole time sitting in the sand, letting it run through her fingers. Then I stood her up to put her feet in it, and she suddenly FREAKED out. You would've thought I'd put her feet on hot coals the way she reacted, screaming and diving towards me with outstreched arms. But after a quick assesment of her feet, she wasn't hurt at all, just surprised by the new feeling of sand between her toes.

In this video clip you may find it a little cruel to put her back in the sand again, but I thought she just might like it the second time around.


Obviously, I was wrong. Luckily, I was able to distract her with a yellow leaf I found. She quickly forgot how upset she was and spent the rest of the time sitting on this log waving her leaf around. I guess Shelby isn't my little beach bum...yet. Oh well, I can always try again next summer :) Goodbye warm sunny weather! We'll miss you!



4 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow, looks like you guys live in such a pretty place!! I can't believe how grown up Shelby is - time sure flies!!

marquita chiquita said...

Oh my gosh, that is soooo freaking cute! I think all of us mother's are a little "cruel" sometimes. I hope you guys have some more nice weather before the rain comes!

Anonymous said...

How funny that she hates having her feet in the sand!! Love the waving bye-bye.

Heidi said...

Please squeeze those cheeks for me. PLEASE!