Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dancing Fever


After returning home from a little over 3 weeks of warm, sunny Alabama, Shelby and I both came down with nasty colds.  Unfortunately, Shelby had it much worse than I did.  I guess the difference in temperatures, along with all the stress of our trip was a shock to our immune systems.  Having a sick baby sure is miserable for both mommy and baby. They don't really make anything other than infant Tylenol or IB Profen that's safe for children younger than 2yrs old, so we had get a little creative.  You know what they say,DANCING is the best medicine...

well at least it is in our family ;)

When this clip was taken Shelby had a fever of 100.5 F.  A few hours later, her fever was gone. Who needs tylenol when you can dance your fever away?

 (PS-No jokes about my awesome moves...I was merely trying to encourage Shelby to keep dancing...seriously :P )

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when she puts her head to the side. I almost started moving along with her. So cute!

Cyndie said...

Hey, we think dancing is great medicine too. Having a sick baby is miserable. We actually went to Disney for 4 days. I just have not posted the last day yet. We were only brave because Bryan's company paid for all of it. We were not out any money if we could not go. I am glad that she did so good though. It made us want to go all the time!

Amanda said...

Scott, Shelby is an absolutely adorable baby girl! Hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog from time to time......Amanda (Whipple)

Cory and Melissa said...

I just love that little cutie. I love the way she tilts a little when dancing. I just want to kiss those cheekies. Glad all is well. Love ya

Emilee said...

I love the way she dances and I'm so sorry you both got sick, that is no fun.

The Begay Family said...

I know when a baby gets sick, you have to be VERY careful on their medications. At times, all you can do is be their for them or just dance with them.

I hopy you two are feeling better.

Unknown said...

Oh I love the dancing and that every time she puts her head to the side! it is adorable!!

Unknown said...

I love Shelby's dancing! It is so cute how she puts her head to the side each time. We miss you guys

Amy Daniels said...

Hey Lindsay,
I love your blog. I added you to our blog friends and family list :)

Rebecca said...

That's the cutest thing I have every seen. Love you guys

Heidi said...

The kids and I giggled through the entire 2 minutes and five seconds! Watching that reminded me of Darren Alexia and I when it was just the three of us. Time goes so fast. Treasure it now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds!

Thanks for your comment. How are you three doing up there? I bet it's really cold. McKay and I are doing well. The ward is going good, did I tell you we got a new bishop? That was over 6 months ago. There are a lot of people and a lot of pregnant women now. McKay and I are kind of getting kicked out of our apartment because his brother is getting married this week and moving in. McKay's parents won't allow both of us couples to get discounted rent, so we've been there the longest so we have to go. I'm kind of excited for a change and plus I've been wanting a kitty for so long and they won't let me have one at the apartment. I hope Scott is enjoying school. What are some cool things women like to do up there? I bet it's pretty diverse up there too. It was so good to hear from you. Keep in touch! Miss you.

Courtney