Sunday, December 27, 2009

Shelby is 2!

(I know I'm a little behind in posting this, but as you all know December is a VERY busy month--so you'll have to forgive me.)

Where did the last year go? My little baby girl isn't so little anymore...she's now the big 2 as of December 1st! It's insane how fast the last year has passed and how much Shelby has bloomed into the wonderful girl that she is now.

Some highlights of Shelby are, she...
  • recognizes most all colors and doesn't hesitate to let you know when you've picked the wrong color shirt, pants, or hair clip-etc.
  • knows her ABC's (although she'll skip a few every now and then) and loves to sing the song-- especially in the tub (just like her daddy--hehe ;)
  • counts to 10, and counts down from 10
  • loves to laugh to herself at random moments or laughs along with us while saying "that's funny", even though most times she has no idea what's so funny.
  • she's working on her manners--anytime she burps or toots or if anyone else does for that matter, she'll say "excuse me, I burped" or "scooze you daddy". She'll also excuse anything in her way, i.e. "scooze me chair" or "scooze me shoes"
  • anytime she sees anything that reminds her of football, no matter the team she'll say "B--Y--U...B--Y--U...Cougars!" (Scott began the indoctrination early,can you tell? ;)
  • gives really big hugs & kisses, as she pats you on the back--especially when she thinks momma or daddy is sad
  • She'll repeat pretty much anything you say--needless to say we've learned this quickly the hard way. Her current favorite word to say repeatedly is "BOOBS!" (sorry Grandma Wells) or "NO BOOBS, chest" as she pats me or her own after I try and correct her. (Oh well,it could be worse I suppose-lol )
  • She loves "reading" books and adores anything that has to do with Dora the Explorer.
I just love Shelby to pieces and thank God everyday for allowing me to be her mother, especially when I am so undeserving. She is our world and brings so much love & joy into our lives!

For Shelby's birthday this year I decided to have a big shindig with all our friends, since it's likely next year we'll be on the other side of the world in S. Korea on her 3rd birthday. We invited 15 friends from around the neighborhood and church. We held it in the activity room of the commons-block which is shared by all of family housing here on UBC campus. The kiddos had a blast jumping around in the bouncy castle, creating with playdough, coloring, bubble popping and of course decorating and eating cupcakes. Shelby loved all her gifts and still talks about it. It took a lot of planning but in the end it was definitely worth it. It wouldn't have been possible without such wonderful friends! We feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many great people. We only wish we could've had all our loved ones here to celebrate with us.

Enjoy these pics from what you may have missed! (Click any pic to see in full size & video)


7 comments:

Greedy Kristian said...

I love the pictures of Shelby eating her cake. Those bites were well thought through.

PS Your hair looks great that length.

Rebecca said...

See is so cute. I love that you can put her hair in a pony tail in the picture of her in the kitchen. And she looks so Happy. I hope she had a great birthday. Miss you guys. Great ideas for a party. When I have some I may copy your ideas.

Katie Wells said...

BOOBS!! That made me laugh out loud. Happy Birthday to Shelby!!

Emilee said...

Wow 2 years old, they sure do grow up quickly. She is so cute and it looks like she had a great party. You look great by the way and I love your haircut.

Unknown said...

Shelby is such a cutie and so smart! Your birthday party looks so fun.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (2 months ago) Shelby!

Unknown said...

p.s. your hair is totally adorable!

Heidi said...

Wow how did I miss this post? I love all of the pictures. She is adorable and you look so cute too.